Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Nursery & Names

We have really made alot of progress on their nursery in the past few weeks. My parents came up two weeks ago and my dad knocked the painting out. He did a great job!! He loves doing this kind of thing and so it didn't take us long for us to take him up on his offer. Mom and I got alot of cleaning out done that weekend and even did a little rearranging that gave us a bit more room so to say I felt a sense of accomplishment when they left is an understatement!

Larkin's parents came up this past weekend and the closet was the project for those few days. When we moved into this house it had no shelf, clothes bar, etc. and until now we've really had no reason to add that stuff since the room wasn't used as our main guest room. SO, now we have a shelf and a hanging bar thanks to Larkin and his dad. They did an awesome job! The chest in the closet was Larkin and Sally Love's and it fits perfectly in there. They also got the chandelier up and put a dimmer switch on it just for me. I love a dimmer switch =) The little table you see in the picture was Larkin's so Mrs. Lanny repainted that and it goes great with our furniture.

It's all coming together but it sure wouldn't be without all of the help we've had so again a BIG thank you goes out to our parents...y'all are the BEST!!

I ordered the chair and ottoman today so that should be in around the end of February. I went with a Best Chair--you just can't beat it. The bedding should be in sometime next week. Can't wait!

I still have a good bit of energy so I am trying to knock out as much as I can while I still feel like it. Although, the doctor did just remind me yesterday of how much I should be resting and cutting back on my activity. And I have to say that I am doing pretty good for the most part--that is just a really hard concept for me but I know I rather follow his orders now than end up in the bed later!

Also, I mentioned in my last post that we would have names soon and it feels good to say that yes, we do have names picked out! We are going to have two precious baby girls whose names will be...

Sally Katelyn and Simmons Love...Sally Kate & Simmons

They are all family names. Larkin's sister's name was Sally Love. Also, Sally is Mrs. Lanny's first name along with Mrs. Lanny's mom's first name. Love is part of Mr. Bill's mom's name and is what all of the grandchildren called her. The "lyn" in Katelyn is after my mom, Lynn. Simmons was my grandmother's (mom's mom) maiden name and it's also on my dad's side of the family. These are all such special names to us and we are so thankful to be able to honor those that have gone before us along with those that are still here with us. We look forward to the day when we can tell Sally Kate and Simmons who they're named after...

I think that's it for now. It's almost my bedtime and my husband just walked in the door. Have a great week!

24 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

so sweet!!! LOVE THE NAMES!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Love the rooms, Love the names, LOVE IT ALL!!!!! This post made me smile!!!!!! Words can not express how excited I am for you and how much you have helped me this week.

Leslie and Matt Henson said...

Hey! I love their nursery and their names are beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures when they get here. Does your doctor think they'll come early? Take care of yourself! But I know it's hard b/c we feel like there is so much to do!!!

Anonymous said...

Love their names!!!!

And can't wait to see the nursey once the bedding arrives.

The Hensons said...

tears!! love the names! and, the room looks great, too!

Kelly Kirk Smith said...

Jenny Ruth -- I LOVE the names...how special and beautiful. And the nursery looks fabulous, and so do you!

The Stringers said...

Perfect. I am all about some family names and they are just beautiful! Simmons was my great- grandmothers maiden name, too and was a name we loved if Smith had been a little girl! I LOVE it!

Meaghan said...

What beautiful, special names! I love family names! So excited for you!!

Kendall and Will said...

The nursery is adorable and so girly! I love it! I'm so proud of you getting all of that done so early. I probably scared you to death :)

Melanie Lott said...

How sweet! Sally Love would be such a proud aunt! I can't wait to see pics of them when they arrive!

Unknown said...

Love it all!!! the names are so beautiful and special and I LOVE the pink room. sweet little girls!

Katie said...

Wow!!!! You are so on the ball. Our nursery still looks a bit like a MESS. Will you please come to TN and motivate me. I LOVE the names.

katie ray said...

so exciting jenny ruth!!! i love the names, and the nursery is precious! hope you are feeling great!

David, Rachel, Drews and Kate said...

LOVE it all!!! sooo exciting!! :) and i need to know what color pink that is...it's perfect!! :) love you durlin!!

The Segrest Family said...

LOVE the room! LOVE the names!!! SO PRECIOUS!!!

DK Baria said...

Love all that pink! My heart soared when Lanny told the names. What a special time for all of y'all. See you on the 14th. DK

The Kosko Family said...

pretty presh....

The Robertsons said...

Glad the nursery is coming together. The names are precious!

Emily Hatcher said...

Love it all! Sally Kate was my first cabbage patch doll's name. I still have her :) I hope your Sally Kate doesn't act as bad as mine did. ha ha ha

Enjoy every second of preparing because they will be here before you know it. They are SO MUCH FUN! Lots of hard work, but lots of reward.

Love you!!!!
Emily Sneed Hatcher

Emily Hatcher said...

Love it all! Sally Kate was my first cabbage patch doll's name. I still have her :) I hope your Sally Kate doesn't act as bad as mine did. ha ha ha

Enjoy every second of preparing because they will be here before you know it. They are SO MUCH FUN! Lots of hard work, but lots of reward.

Love you!!!!
Emily Sneed Hatcher

Jennifer and BJ said...

LOVE the names...and the room is adorable! time is flying by...can't wait for the girls to get here :)

Rachael Tackett said...

love the names and just couldn't be happy for ya'll!

The Hugheys said...

JR!! It's all coming together! Beautiful names :) Sally Kate and Simmons are two very lucky little girls!

Sally said...

Congrats to you! Love the names (mine is actually Sally Kate)! I hope everything goes great!